Welcome back to your dreamer's second home: Street of Dreams!
We are SO excited to announce our 2020-21...HOMECOMING, Home at Last Season!!! Our fall season is here and we have prepared the following information to help you have a happy, healthy, and safe return to classes.
Street of Dreams wants to strike up a conversation with you, “Why we need to dance now more than ever”. Studies have shown the immense benefits of dance, creating, exploring, self-awareness, confidence building, and more! In the Street of Dreams DNA, all of those things listed help us be who we are!
With life ever so changing, we are excited to announce we will have virtual opportunities for you and your Dreamer! We are looking ahead at other ways to serve you better, so we are working to provide earlier classes in the day. This is to help your remote learning dreamer get out of the house and enjoy interaction & fun! We will have limited spots for social distancing at the studio, but endless amounts of fun to make up for the gym, recess and extracurricular activities that our children need so much right now.
To stay on top of CDC guidelines, learning environment and social distancing, we have limited in person studio classes. There have already been sell out classes with waiting lists, but we will make these classes available via Zoom incase you don’t feel comfortable at this time to come to the studio. We will have your Dreamers stay on track learning from the beginning of the season regardless at the studio or in your own home. We highly encouraged registering for the waiting list on in studio classes so when the CDC guidelines open up more- your dreamer will be first in line when classes are able to expand! Register NOW!!!
Wondering how our fall season looks following Safer Studio procedures?
SOD is a Safer StudioTM
Street of Dreams is following the More Than Just Great Dancing!® Safer Studio Guidelines which is a prioritized hierarchy of safety and wellness
- Wellness checks for staff
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Minimizing mixing and mingling via social distancing practices
- Curricular and facility adjustments
- Gradual re-opening and continuous parent communications.
Wellness Checks for Staff
- All staff members are wellness checked before their shift.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have a fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have
tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Employees will wash hands and/or sanitize before and after each class.
Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside of all entrances, outside of every classroom, and inside
- Hand washing posters are posted within bathrooms and classrooms.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures in high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, viewing windows, barres, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling
- We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of social distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times.
Facility & Curricular Adjustments
- All lobby waiting areas will be closed unless your Dreamer is 6 years old and younger.
- Please bring clearly labeled water bottles. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Dancers will bring all dance bags into the studio for changing shoes. Please layer clothing or minimum clothing changing.
- Bathrooms will be available for toileting only, but not for changing clothes.
- No food will be allowed in the studio.
- Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use and hand-holding and to reduce mixing and mingling in the classroom.
- Class sizes have been modified to reflect current county recommendations.
Classrooms will refrain from high fives, “ballerina hugs”, fist bumps, stickers, and stamps. But continued positive affirmations will still be present!
Classrooms will have staggered dismissal (3-5 minutes) to allow for student transitions. And entry from two separate doors depending on what studio your class is in.
Gradual Re-Opening & Continuous Parent Communication
- We are gradually reopening with roughly 50% of our classes and online classes available.
- Please visit our website and join our SOD Parent & Student Community Private Facebook page. CLICK HERE TO JOIN. You will find a stop and go light icon that clearly indicates the status of classes: Green indicates it is safe to attend face-to-face classes. Yellow indicates a cautionary change in schedules and may have split hybrid classes. Red indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
Arrival & Departure
- Please pull up facing East in front of the studio(driver side = studio side). At this time, we ask that parents wait in their cars or outside during classes to help with social distancing in the building. Parents of little dancers under age 6 are able to wait inside if necessary for child comfort.
Please limit parent drop off inside the studio to one person whenever possible. Sibling visitors cannot be accommodated during this term.
Parents will be asked to wait outside for kids to be released. At the end of class, parents must be by the door to receive their child. Dreamers cannot walk across the parking lot to go to their parents for safety reasons.
- We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and will be cleaned frequently.
- Bathroom facility use will be limited to the front two unisex bathrooms for this term.
- Our employees will be wearing masks before and after classes but practicing social distancing at best inside classes.
- Mask wearing for students and parents is at personal/parental discretion but recommended before and after class.